Wednesday 7 June 2017

FAQ : How did I get married?

First, Sorry for being MIA.

When the red lady in Game of Thrones say, “For the night is young and full of terrors”, do NOT and I REPEAT DO NOT take her casual because that’s what happened with me.
I remember being 19 when my first proposal came and I freaked out saying “Mum, I’m ready to move to the servant quarter but not marry someone. I’m too young for this shizz”. Well the feeling was still mutual at this very age. So, for most of you who know me, I got married last year and OUT OF THE BLUE. I was never someone who was fond of keeping relationships because
a)       I don’t think they ever work
b)      I believe Allah has better in store for you.
My dad always used to say how it was his wish to get me and my sister married off before his retirement. We used to laugh back and say, “yeah right”. Little did we know, he was serious. ALWAYS. Lol. Anyhow, So I graduated from NUST in June, 2016.

Dear kids, Life is what happens to you after graduation. I know you’ve been told “Degree karlo, bus agay chill he hai”. NO. Snap out of it! It’s so hard after you graduate. So many expectations and plans, so little time.
So I was just chilling at home, eating lots everyday until after Ramzan, one of my marketing teachers asked us to intern in Jazz. Since the chilling was coming to boredom, I thought why not. And damn I didn’t know my entire future lies there. Lol, literally. So many friends, so many faces I knew. The 2.5 months flew past quick and it has been a wonderful experience from an everyday selfie to count days till I get done with this to being very emotional on the last day. So, my boss was a very cool person, indeed everybody on the floor and being the youngest ONLY intern, I was treated like a baby at times too. So, that chapter ended in September and I got my first ever job! Took some time off because my awesome parents decided to gift me and my sister tickets to Dubai for more CHILLING. (It took a lot of convincing obviously). So, after we came back from Dubai, a week later. *drumrolls* COMES A RISHTA! And someone from Jazz. Someone I knew from a distance but not so clearly. Just between us, and I hope he’s not reading, there was a huge element of curiosity in this very person. I mean he’s the king of narcissism and clearly thinks the world revolves around him. Never paid much heed or atleast pretended. Was pretty shocked to knowhow, what, when. But deep inside, I liked him because I’m a sucker for someone who dresses good, maintains well and stays fit. So, after his mum talked to mine, my mum called the family to meet. IT WAS VERY AWKWARD. This person apparently was a 10/10 for my dad so rishta done. What I didn’t know was, that the Nikkah was to take place that very month. And within 15 minutes, the shadi was planned for that very December (we had a new year wedding just btw). This was the time I FREAKED OUT. THE NIGHT OF TERROR Y’ALL.
We never really got the time to hangout and meet etc. since we weren't really allowed either. Even post nikkah I kid you not!

For the preps, I had a month to do EVERYTHING. People take years to plan a wedding but Alhumdulillah I had a remarkable wedding and both our parents worked to their maximum. I didn’t get any mani pedis, facials or even bridal treatments done since I was that busy. The wedding had crazy amount of dance practices and was one hell of a show. A big thank you to my friends and family.




Stay tuned for the post married life post since so many of you ask. 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment