Thursday 30 March 2017

HAIRCARE!




HI y'all.

So finally, *hairflips* I write about a hair-care post which was always THE most asked about thing, from me!

For starters, I don't use a ton of hair products so whatever I would be telling you guys about, is honestly all I do.
FIRST & FOREMOST, Oiling is the name of the game. I use whatever oil I get but I don't go a week without oiling and believe me when I tell you, if it wasn't for this, I would've had no hair left by now. I use Vatika Oils mostly, "Moroccon Argan Oil" to be exact. 
Tip- Oil every once a week and let it stay on for atleast 2 hours till you wash. Please don't do it overnight.

SECOND - I use Loreal Anti Hairfall (Pink & Black Bottled Shampoo). Now, I know a lot of people swear by a conditioner and no wonder, it makes your hair smooth for a day but the amount of breakage it leads to later on, especially for silky hair is unbearable. Whenever there's backcombing in your hair or tangles, ONLY then use the conditioner.

THIRD- Do not rub your hair dry after the wash. Gently pat. Rubbing creates friction which leads to breakage and when a long hair breaks, you feel like life has ended. Trust me!
If you can, always pat hair dry with a t shirt instead of a towel.

FOURTH- I'm not going to be one of those salon people who say, "oh you used heat. Aapkay tou baal bas dead beat hain". NO. We all know how all the heat devices are now a part of our lives with events popping up everyday. However, I never use a dryer for my hair. It leads to more damage than a good straightener does. No lies!

FIFTH - Please invest in a good straightener once and for all. It lasts a decade. Do not untangle your hair when they're wet. I wait for a good 2 hours till they're 90% dry and then I untangle. It does hurt but when your hair is wet, the hair are more vulnerable to breakage. I use a Keune Titan Straightener.

SIXTH - Remember how your elders said, "tie your hair because it makes them stronger". Its so hard to do but trust me, they were always right. Braids do make the hair stronger and less prone to hairfall.

SEVENTH - (I dont do this but if it helps) Go to GNC and take a supplement. There are plenty for stronger nails, hair and skin.

EIGHTH- Since I got married a while back, I got a hair color done. Without Bleach. I've never bleached my hair and never would. The base color is Mahogany Brown and the highlights I got were Loreal shade 7.3.5 from the professional card they have in salons.

I hope all these personal tips help you fight hairfall and take better care of your hair.
Thank you! Much love to all <3



1 comment: